Sunday, January 25, 2009

Life is SO good, and we are so grateful.

Life seems to come at you fast. Just when you start to feel that you couldn't get any worse, and that you just have bad luck, something happens, and you realize how good you have it.
Just last Friday Mike and I learned that one of our friends and riding buddies, Kelly, is battling cancer again for the second time. Over New Years she realized it was becoming harder and harder for her to move her left side. She went to the hospital and they told her that the cancer had come back. Long story short, they didn't give her very long to live.... Now, I've had friends and aquaintences who were diagnosed with cancer before and it's been hard. But there was something that really hit me when Mike called me to tell me the news. I started sobbing. I came home and sat on the couch and just thought about the wonderful blessings God has given me. I AM SO FORTUNATE! I have my health, my family's health, my husband is amazing, and so on... All I could think to do was tell everyone I love, that I love them. I love you all!

1 comment: