Sunday, November 29, 2009

Update

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful! It was really nice to be able to get together with the whole family and not worry about much.
...except for pie fillings.
Oh boy. Let me tell ya this story!
This year, my mom put me in charge of some of the pie fillings for Thanksgiving. No problem, right? Uh, not so much (for me, anyway). My cousin (who is a culinary genius) that was in charge of some of the other pie fillings and crusts, emailed me a recipe of hers and told me it was super easy... I was confident that I could do it... even though it had some ingredients I wasn't super acquainted with. Long story short - I ended up adding CUPS of flour instead of TEASPOONS of flour. Can you say DUH, BETH!!? I felt like an idiot when I realized what I did. (Now with help from Grama and Ma) We scrapped the whole batch (which I had already tripled) and started all over with a new recipe. Oy. What a learning experience.Patient little Grama helping with the re-mix of the fillings. (Which finally turned out, thank goodness!)
Grampa Schwartz - Bless his heart. We love him. :) (And Tucker-my brother's dog)
In other news - Mike and I had our second anniversary last week. ;) He sent me a dozed roses at work. I love it when he does that! It has been a wonderful two years. I love you, Mike! We had agreed that re-doing our kitchen would be our present to each other.... Which brings me to the next point.
Our kitchen! It's finally finished! I think it looks great. I'm so happy with it. (Thank you, dear!)Before...
After!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your pie story, and I LOVE your kitchen! It looks great! You're an artist!

    ReplyDelete