Thursday, April 8, 2010

A little (Ok, not so little) update...

Well, where do I start!?
First and foremost...
Mike got accepted to Mississippi State University Veterinary School! Wow. What an accomplishment for him. I'm so so proud! School starts July 1, and we finally got our house sold so we'll be out of here by the last week of May. (Eek! So soon!) This will definitely be a new experience for the both of us, so we're excited.
To tell me that he had gotten accepted, he came to me while I was making dinner and told me that he had an assignment that he had to do for class, but I had to do it and it had to be when I was distracted. He sat me on the couch and brought out a white board with hangman on it. I was kind of confused for a minute, but I started to play. Long story short, this is what it said...[Mississippi accepted me to vet school.]
I thought that was so clever!

Next, Easter/Conference weekend...
For the weekend, we went up to both of my grandparents houses in Idaho. I love spending time with them. :) When my mom was a kid, she used to make sugar Easter eggs with her grama. Every Easter, my Granny would make a couple with the grandkids and great-grandkids. They have been this cool memory in our family for a long long time, but because I was too young, I never got the chance to make them with my Granny, but I wanted to try. My mom, my sister, Zoe, and I had a blast! It was a ton of work and they broke a couple of times, but I think the memories and a proud Granny looking down on us was worth it! :) [She was the inspiration of my choice of wallpaper too... Don't you love it?]
This mixture is sugar and egg whites with food coloring. You bake it, and that is what makes the hard egg shell.
Always double check the recipe. Always. I've learned my lesson on that one!
Finished product! (Zoe's is the yellow and mine is the pink)
Now we have a fun decoration we can keep for years to come and remember the fun we had making them. :)

In other news,
We are going to have a baby!! I'm about 13 weeks now, and my due date is October 17th. I really want a girl, but Mike is set on having a boy. We'll find out right before we leave what we're going to have. Either way we're totally excited!This is a picture from my 12 week ultrasound (that was surreal). It's not super clear, but you can tell it's in there! ha ha

Other than lots of new changes, we couldn't be happier! :)

[Oh yeah, It's Mike's birthday today... Happy Birthday sweetie!!]

6 comments:

  1. Those eggs are so stinking cute! I'm so excited for you guys. Being a mom is so fun. ( I hope you have a girl, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! Congratulations on everything... especially the baby on the way! I hope you get your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a loaded post! I am glad things are going well for you guys! We will really miss having you around Logan.....Congrats on your new addition to the family! I know you two will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on selling your house and vet school. That is so nice everything is falling into place for you guys. I am so excited for your little one:) It is such an amazing experience. You will have to keep blogging so we can keep in touch. Happy Birthday Mike:) Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! I'm so excited I found your blog. We sure miss you in Logan, and our FHE nights! Congrats on the baby! Email me so I can invite you to our blog!!! abbykcragun@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on school! congrats on the baby!!! :)Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete