Monday, March 7, 2011

People. You have to try this. Really.


I bought asparagus the other day to eat with our Sunday dinner. We usually eat it with hollandaise sauce, but I usually buy the mix because I didn't know how to make it. When I was at the store, I forgot to buy the mix, and didn't really remember that until the asparagus was in the pot boiling last night... So I thought I'd look it up online to see if it was easy enough that I could make it homemade. Turns out it was. And it was 10,000,000,000,000 times better than the mix. (Sorry McCormick. You're out.) It was even good on the pork chops. Mmmmm. --Thank goodness for leftovers!
This is the sight that taught me how:

She called for heavy cream, which I didn't have, so I used half-and-half instead.
She also called for lime juice, which I didn't have, so I used lemon juice.

It still knocked my socks off. Mike liked it too. You'll have to try it.

(What a post... all for hollandaise sauce.)

No comments:

Post a Comment